- This event has passed.
Solutions for Safer Roads Workshop – Ontario
March 29 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Presented by our vendor partner, NYS LTAP Center – Local Roads Program
Instructor: Al Bachner, P.E., is retired from NYSDOT. Al’s work has focused on traffic safety issues. He is an adjunct professor at Nassau Community College.
Registration is now open for Spring Workshops presented by our vendor partner, NYS LTAP Center – Cornell Local Roads. PERMA will be sponsoring a limited amount of registration fees for the Solutions for Safer Roads & Streets Workshops.
Participants taking this course will be able to:
- Explain how human factors affect highway safety and ways highways can be built and maintained to help overcome these issues.
- Predict changes in crashes after road and street upgrades using crash modification factors (CMFs).
- Justify the use of systemic safety to improve overall safety with limited funds.
- List the needs for good signs signals and markings.
- Select tools to help keep drivers on the road.
- Identify the steps to improve roadway safety including the use of guiderail.
- Examine intersections and determine upgrades to improve safety.
Who should attend?
Highway and public works officials interested in learning about the fundamental concepts of safe roads. Superintendents and safety officers will benefit from this overview.