Safety starts at the top.
PERMA can prepare individualized risk profiles for public employers using claims data analysis to identify areas for improvement and determine the frequency and severity of common accidents. We then can recommend targeted risk management strategies to minimize risk and injuries on the job.
PERMA membership includes a wide range of online and in-person training options that satisfy specific training requirements for diverse public entities, including:
- Workplace violence & sexual harassment
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Personal protective equipment
- PTSD Awareness
- Hazard communication/Right-to-Know
- Safety Coordinator training & certification
- Crossing Guard training
- Vehicle and driver safety
- Confined Space
We work together to assess current practices, policies and procedures and provide recommendations that promote a safe and healthy workplace. PERMA conducts on-site visits or remote video inspections to help members maintain federal (OSHA) and state (PESH) compliance and prepare for inspections.
- The PERMA Safety Institute is an online resource offering more than 160 classes tailored by type of municipality or department.
- An extensive collection of streaming videos and curated DVD library of over 200 safety videos.
- We offer certification courses for Safety Coordinators (basic & advanced levels), DPW/Highway personnel (focusing on new hires, managers, upper management), and Member Claims Coordinators.
PERMA’s site assessment and consultation helped the Village of Wappingers Falls improve their business operations.
“Wappingers Falls’ Safety Committee did more than fix problems. They changed how the village leadership appoached their commitment to the safety and well-being of their employees and residents.”
– John Karge, Village Clerk
- Organizations who have participated in PERMA’s Crossing Guard training have seen a 92% reduction in claims.
- The average lost-time claim cost for slips, trips, and falls has dropped from $46,000 to $0 in 2021.
New York State School Boards Association
New York State Association of Counties
New York State Association of Chiefs of Police
New York State Association of Fire Chiefs
NYS – LTAP Cornell Local Roads Program