Your partner finding the best solutions for your clients’ needs.
PERMA has the ability to underwrite any New York state public entity with taxing authority. Each member policy is written based on their own merits, needs and individual experience. One of our qualified underwriters is assigned to each member to calculate a unique Experience Modification Factor, or EMF, to ensure members are treated equitably and fairly. This ratio is developed by evaluating payroll classifications, previous loss history, as well as severity versus frequency of prior losses.
- regularly review and recommend grant opportunities where appropriate.
- work closely with prospective members’ brokers to develop innovative coverage offers.
- are direct employees of PERMA; unlike many competitors, members do not pay for a privately contracted company’s profit margin.
PERMA values the brokers we work with – and have more than 90 percent of our member relationships involving a broker, so we know that they value working with us as well. Our dedication to maintaining these mutually beneficial relationships can be demonstrated in broker agreements including the highlights below.
- Over 90% of PERMA members obtain membership through a trusted insurance broker
- We will not solicit prospective members directly, over using a broker
- Brokers are offered a generous commission schedule, as well as opportunities to earn additional commission
- We hosts annual meetings to strengthen the communication and trust in our provider-broker partnership
- We value an engaged broker connection to every member
We encourage open communication between brokers and the PERMA team by inviting interested parties to become involved in our PERMA Broker Advisory Committee. This group meets twice per year – at PERMA’s Annual Member Conference, and at our Fall Educational Conference. These meetings provide the opportunity for organizational updates, open discussion, and a platform to share feedback that helps guide the PERMA program to best serve you and your clients.
“As an insurance agent, I have many choices when choosing a provider for my NY public entities workers’ compensation. When it comes to knowledge, risk management services, claims services, professionalism and innovation, PERMA stands out as a leader in the public entities workers’ compensation marketplace.”
– Chris, H., Member Broker
PERMA strives to be the best partner to public employers in New York State by providing Workers’ Compensation coverage, customized workplace solutions, delivering exceptional value with membership, and prioritizing personal and dedicated service to members and their employees.
PERMA is proud to partner with:
New York State School Boards Association
New York State Association of Counties
New York State Association of Chiefs of Police
New York State Association of Fire Chiefs
NYS – LTAP Cornell Local Roads Program