Increasing Officer Safety Through Organizational Culture
Presented by: Chief (Ret.) Michael Ranalli, Esq.
March 11, 2020
9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Cortland County Regional Training Center
3577 Terrace Road, Cortland, NY 13045
This seminar is FREE for all PERMA Members and will provide an overview of current critical issues that will include:
- Using policy, organizational culture, and effective internal communication to reduce risk to officers and minimize agency liability
- A discussion of crisis communication vs. conflict communication and the need for both
- The state of the law pertaining to de-escalation and related issues including the reality of what de-escalation is and its limitations
- A statistical overview of the causes of officer injuries and deaths
- Critical video review of recent controversial cases and the application of “priority of life” to them
Lunch Provided. Seating is limited. Please register by March 6th.
Questions and to register:
Email Pete Frisoni, PERMA Public Safety Risk Management Specialist at email@example.com