This event has been cancelled and postponed.
In this workshop, you’ll discover a variety of tools, techniques and strategies for securing your front desk area and staying calm and in control when faced with a variety of situations.
Perfect for: front desk staff, receptionists, secretaries, office assistants, security personnel and facility managers.
Topics to include:
- Assess your front desk area and eliminate potential security breaches, dangerous situations and safety hazards
- Best ways to respond when emergencies arise – both natural disasters and human threats
- Dialing 911 – what to do if you are suddenly required to make that call
- Techniques for defusing escalating tempers
- How to keep up with visitors, packages, phone calls and email
- Warning signs that can help you identify people who may pose a threat to you, your organization or its employees
- Safety policy procedures for: handling suspicious packages, envelopes or other delivery items; disgruntled visitors; threats made over the phone; verbal abuse
Lunch Provided. Seating is limited. This session is FREE for all PERMA Members.
RSVP by March 6th to Sigrid Vompa, Safety Training Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or (518)220-0386.