School Districts & BOCES
Developing School District-Wide Safety Plans
PERMA understands the constraints and risks involved with operating an educational organization in today’s challenging environment. This expertise is one reason why the New York State School Boards Association (NYSSBA) partners with PERMA to help school districts of any size secure affordable Workers’ Compensation coverage.
More than Workers’ Comp
PERMA also provides access to valuable safety, training and risk management programs as part of our comprehensive approach to workplace safety and claim prevention. From facility and policy recommendations to the latest conflict de-escalation techniques, PERMA develops solutions for school districts that help keep workers safe and costs down.
- Our risk management specialists and partners can help you design and implement a school district-wide safety plan.
- Help implement strategic use of proper PPE in the special education setting.
- The online PERMA Safety Institute offers more than 160 interactive courses accessible to school district employees, including new courses in Allergy, Asthma and Seizure Awareness for K-12.
- PERMA members can take advantage of de-escalation training to help prevent incidents of violence.
PERMA coverage plans are tailored toward school districts and Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) in a collaborative way. We offer innovative custom-designed Workers’ Comp programs to fit your organizational risk needs, with a focus on loss control, risk management, and prudent financing.
Personalized Claims Handling
PERMA offers state-of-the-art claims administration utilizing nurse-driven case management and proactive case analysts. Registered Nurse Patient Advocates help implement a transitional duty program that reduces costs by returning injured employees to the workplace in less time. Our programs make returning to work a team effort by the injured employee, medical provider, employer and PERMA.
“PERMA’s efforts help get injured teachers and other school district personnel back to work as soon as possible, which ultimately benefits the children.”
– Robert Schneider, NYSSBA Executive Director
Schools Risk Management Specialist, Angela Guptill-Nagle, is available to consult with PERMA members about Risk Management interventions. Her extensive background in education, including eight years as a schools Superintendent and 28 years working for school districts in New York State, uniquely qualifies her to provide valuable guidance to members. Angela started as a teacher, then served as Director of Pupil Personnel Services, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction, and Superintendent of Schools. She has a M.S. in Education and a Ph.D. in Educational Administration and Policy Studies with a specialization in K-12 Education.
For More Information
We partner with school districts and BOCES to provide
- Personalized claims handling and nurse-driven case management to get the injured employee back to work as soon as possible.
- Valuable safety, training and risk management programs and resources included as part of PERMA membership that help keep employees safe, prevent claims, and minimize costs.
PERMA & NYSSBA: Partners Since 2013
“NYSSBA did our due diligence examining PERMA to make sure they could appropriately serve school clients and deliver on their promises. We have endorsed PERMA since 2013 as the preferred Workers’ Comp provider for our membership.”
– Robert Schneider, Executive Director, NYSSBA
- PERMA’s membership includes 14 school districts and 3 BOCES across New York.
- Our average retention rate among our 600+ members is 97%.
PERMA strives to be the best partner to public employers in New York State by providing Workers’ Compensation coverage, customized workplace solutions, delivering exceptional value with membership, and prioritizing personal and dedicated service to members and their employees.
PERMA was created by municipalities for municipalities and other public entities in New York State and is governed by a Board of Directors composed of municipal members elected to represent the membership.