Effective Monday, July 24, PERMA members will have new ways to access the claim filing portal and the PERMA Safety Institute (PSI).The changes are occurring in conjunction with PERMA switching claims systems, a switch which will begin starting at noon today, and continue over the weekend. If you go to the homepage on Monday, instead of logging in immediately, you will be given the option to:
- File a New Claim – which will redirect you to the York First Report portal
- Access the PERMA Safety Institute – which will redirect you to the new PSI login page
- Member Login – which will take you to the website login screen
See below for more information on each option.
File a New Claim:
All users who currently have access to file claims will be emailed their new login credentials by end of day Monday. You can access the York First Report Portal directly, and even bookmark it on your browser. New claim filers should request an account directly from the York reporting site.
Some of the advantages of the new claims portal include:
- Ability to save reports mid-entry and come back at a later time
- Members with multiple locations won’t need multiple logins – every location will be listed for you to choose from
- Claim numbers are automatically emailed after submission, and you can print a C-2F at anytime for your records
Please note: With this switch, PERMAView is being discontinued. A new member dashboard with reporting capabilities is being developed, and more information will be coming soon. Reports, policy, and claim information can be requested from Member Services in the interim.
The new portal is very intuitive, but we have also developed a tip sheet for use if needed.
Access the PERMA Safety Institute:
All users who currently have access to PSI can use their PERMA.org username to log in to the PSI homepage. All users have the temporary password of Perma12007. You will be prompted to create a new password when you first log in. You can also access PSI directly, and like the York claims portal, bookmark it on your browser. New users can request an account directly from the PSI homepage.
In addition to the change in logins, PSI will have a whole new look, and new capabilities. The new features include:
- Improved course management
- Enhanced functionality for administrators
- Expanded course offerings specific to schools, law enforcement and employer liability.
Administrative webinars are being offered every Thursday in August at 2:00 pm. More information will be available on our Calendar page soon. Please note: PSI will be unavailable Monday morning through about 1:00 pm while the interface is being updated.
The rest of the website features you know and love, including the DVD library, secondary claim forms (C-11, C-107, C-240, etc.), pharmacy benefit information, and regulatory compliance worksheets, are all still available. And look for an expanded risk management section to be added to the website soon!
If you have any questions, please contact Erin Harrington.