The signing of GML 205-cc allowed the creation of the NYS Volunteer Cancer Benefit Program, providing piece of mind to eligible NYS volunteer firefighters as well as their families. The Cancer Benefit Program, designed by FASNY, AFDSNY, and NYSAFC, sponsored by PERMA, NYSAC, and other state associations, and administered by Willis Towers Watson, has now received state approval.
Rates per firefighter are set at $156 annually. Any NYS fire agency that requires coverage should follow the steps below to receive quotes:
- Visit the Program website and fill out the Request a Quote form.
- Once the Request a Quote form has been received, you will be sent via email a unique link to Origami (the technology program being used by The Hartford to bind and quote coverage), requesting updated contact information and submission of a roster of eligible firefighters.
- The roster will consist of the firefighters’ first and last names, dates of birth, and start dates with the fire entity.
- Once the roster is received, you will receive a proposal for coverage.
Please note that all communication will be sent via email from Origami from the email address email@example.com
Reach out with questions or concerns to the Program call center or email:
- Toll Free Number: (833) 678-1585
- Email: NYSVFB@willistowerswatson.com
PERMA is pleased to be able to partner with so many like-minded organizations to offer this benefit to our members.